arrow_upward
If possible, can someone explain to me what makes Gyro aiming so cool?
I'm not hating on it, I just don't get it. I tried it at a friends house to play Splatoon, and I've tried it in a couple games with my Steam Controller. Admittedly, I haven't had a lot of experience so if it's something that takes a while to get used to I understand, but it just always feels so awkward to me from my initial impressions with it but it seems like the internet loves it.

It just feels weird to use the controller to aim. Is it just time, or is there something else I'm missing here?

I love using it for vertical aiming in Splatoon. I don’t like twisting my wrists horizontally but it’s great to get a little more nuance to my aiming by just tilting up or down a bit.
It kinda helps create that natural feeling that you’re connected to it a bit more, imo

[+] 1 user Likes JimmyPeaknuckle's post
I don’t even know myself tbh with you

I was always a mouse and keyboard fan and never was that good/accurate with aiming with a controller. I found the gyro in the steam controller was able to give me some fine tuning that I couldn't get with the aiming touchpad alone. Not good enough to beat a mouse and keyboard, but good enough for casual play where I wanted to sit back and play and not completely struggle with a joystick alone.