arrow_upward
If you hate Last of Us 2, why so?
I’ve just gotten to the part when you start to play as Abby and from what I’ve seen so far the story is decent or is it late game that it starts getting bad?

Did you play the first game? I feel like this game is a disservice to the TLOU 1, they did Joel dirty and the story forces you to do things so there is no choice or agency, however it's supposed to be a linear story about loss and violence.

Just wait until you reach the ending.

Mostly because people who played and loved TLOU1 got punched in the face with how they treated what we loved about the first game But without ending up spoiling stuff it's hard go deeper than that. So yeah, what the person above me said, wait until you see the ending and you'll understand.

I have never played the game but I heard it is good

Personally I hated, you know, the whole "golf club accident", and I couldn't bring myself to go further into the game. It was a disservice to the fans and all that jazz, I thought. Besided, I hate when they kill off main characters of the previous entry. Hated in GTA5 with the biker guy, hated it in The Last Jedi with Luke, hated it here. And I stand by it. But I ended up liking the thing, eventually. I found myself really digging Abby and her journey. Do yourself a favor and go on with the story, you won't regret it, I assure you.

[+] 2 users Like nylatmp+whp1g's post
The gameplay is as great as it can get. People deplored the story though. And i can understand that. They killed off Joel way too quickly and wanted us players to understand abby's POV and why she hated joel so much. But that didnt work with gamers so they review-bombed it.

I don't like what they did to Joel. Though I admit it's an interesting way to continue with the story.
But the story didn't make very attached to Abby and Ellie so I wasn't really that immersed in it. Although the gameplay was good, it just didn't have that same kind of enjoyment like TLOU 1.