arrow_upward
If you were a first timer, what hockey team would you pick?
Hey so I'm actually trying to get into hockey for the first time but I'm not from a part of the US where it's a big deal. 

If you are a fan and had to pick a team to support out of thin air, who would it be?

Do you have a favourite player? Are there any people local to you (local friends) who cheer for a specific team? Siding with those friends will make it easier to cheer for a certain team whereas picking that team’s nemesis would make for some fun, argumentative/debating discussions.

I never was into soccer/euro football but spent 4-5 months with some guys from the UK overseas.
They were all avid ManU fans and despised Chelsea. They didn’t really like Liverpool either so the other too 4 team was Arsenal.

I can’t name a player on Arsenal right now but I’ll cheer for them if they’re on tv and I am watching.

As for hockey, you could pick the newest team, the Vegas Golden Knights. Or you could pick one of the “original 6” (Toronto, Montreal, Boston, New York, Detroit or Chicago).

Or pick a team that is winning a lot right now. Just check the standings and choose your team.

Have fun!

Yeah man so I know a bunch of Bruins fans and part of me really wants to join in with them, but the other part would make me love to just piss them off constantly too. It's a double edged sword lol. 

In terms of like enjoyable play vs disappointing games, who would your pick really be?

Also I don't have the patience for european football lol, I tried. I had a buddy that rooted for Everton so I'd try to watch matches with him but I just couldn't focus for some reason.

I actually am a first timer so I would pick the ducks just because I know they are an bandwagon franchise or a trash one or atleast to my understanding. I just to be a fan of a franchise that's outside of my state really, and I don't know why but it fun watching sports teams from other cities and states