arrow_upward
If you were given a 3090 for free, would you use it or would you sell it?
I think personally, I would sell it and upgrade the other components in my computer. Maybe upgrade my CPU, get a new case, monitor, and get some peripherals with the money instead of using it. I feel as though my 2080 does fine for everything I need to play currently. What about you guys?

I'd use it and sell my 2080 then use the money to get into crypto

Use and sell old GPU.

3090 is hot right now, So I'd probably resell it, and get a less powerful graphics card, that does the job.

100% sell and upgrade

I do not think my current parts could deal with it. I guess I'd have to see and consult.

Use it for both gaming and some machine learning stuff

Given that the demand is pretty crazy right now and I'm pretty patient, I'd sell it and wait for it to restock normally.

I would make my animated show. That would be a Godsend for me. I'd finally be able to get it done. And I'd give away my 1060 3gb GPU or use it in a mini pc for my brother.

This is pretty tricky. If you look at the cost of the 1080 TI, 2080 ti, and 3080 new; the prices do not differ by that much.

On one hand, the 3090 is the fucking bee's knees. On another hand, if you have a decent enough rig, you could just put that money or invest it and by a "4080/TI" or "5080/TI" in a year or two LOL

60% keep / 40% sell in my books

Def sell it and get one of the new RX graphics cards. AMD all the way, and it'd probably give me some pocket change too.

Absolutely sell it. Ill admit im not deserving of that much power, and I would have to upgrade cpu to avoid bottlenecking anyways. End up spending more for the card I would barely push to the limits anyways.

Definitely sell it in this market. GPUs are overrated if you're not doing intensive rendering, and even then, a good gpu can be really held back by shitty CPU and storage.