arrow_upward
Impeachment happening
Impeachment just means to bring formal charges to, meaning that it doesn't necessarily result in removal. What will happen with Trump though? With his second impeachment and his term having so little time left, will they just kick him out a few days early, or will that still be too much for his fans?

[+] 2 users Like nicejobman!'s post
I think though for the time being, The governments gonna try to settle the citizens and kicking trump would cause an another uproar which would be bad for US as it already is.

Sounds like they're planning to vote on it in the House asap, but leave the Senate trial til after Biden's first 100 days. I'm not expecting it to get through the Senate, but I wasn't expecting Democrats to impeach anyway so what do I know

Can you even impeach a president who is no longer a president?
If the senate goes to trial after Biden's 100 days, Trump would be a former president.
I think the point moot at that point, no?

Yes a president can be tried after leaving office just like a CEO can be held accountable for crimes after having left a company.

@Jwolf4

I might be wrong on this but isn't the point of impeachment to remove the president from the office?
I would assume that any other trial would just be a criminal trial.
Historically, I am thinking about Nixon's presidency where Nixon basically said "you can't impeach me! I quit!" and it worked Big Grin