arrow_upward
In a life or death scenario, would you resort to cannibalism?
I've read articles about real life events where people either stranded on a boat or deserted area without food resorted to either eating a dead person or going as far as killing the weakest member in the group to eat them. If you were in a similar situation, say stranded on a dead boat with a small group of people, would you be able to eat human flesh to survive?

Personally, I don't think I would take out someone just to eat them, but if they were already dead and everyone else was just chowing down on them, then maybe.. I guess, for the sake of survival I could gnaw on a calf bone I suppose. What about you? Or would you rather choose death and let the other crew members eat your corpse instead?

[+] 1 user Likes ceratsiv's post
I'd simply become a shrimp fisherman

[+] 1 user Likes deanear's post
If I would otherwise die than I'll eat some human flesh. But I'd prefer something else Big Grin

Probably yes

If I had absolutely nothing else to eat, I'm sorry kiddo but survival of the fittestttttttt

[+] 1 user Likes Kai V Anderson's post
Seems kinda rude to let someone's body go to waste.

[+] 1 user Likes BobbertOG's post
It would be my ultimately last resort.

[+] 1 user Likes anonjay's post
Really tough question! Thinking about it now some might say no or probably. But when put in the actual situation and desperation sets in I think a lot of people will change their answer to definitely.

If they were already dead, I would. But I wouldn't go out of my way to kill a person and eat them.

[+] 1 user Likes francxs's post
If they're dead already, absolutely. Not even a moral issue, they're dead. It would be abhorrent to allow a living person to die to preserve a corpse. (Obviously it's easier said than done, it'd probably be pretty grim to actually eat someone, but I'd do it if the alternative was death).

If they're alive, I wouldn't kill them to save just myself. But if I was in a wreck of the medusa situation, and it was a choice between killing one to save 5 or letting all 6 starve to death, I'd do it (or at least allow others to do it). But in that situation, it seems the fair thing is for eveyone to agree that that's necessary and then draw lots, decide by chance, rather than some people just deciding that they should be the ones to live and unilaterally killing others.