arrow_upward
Infinite Wishes and Other Loopholes
Unless strictly forbidden, many people's first idea/response when confronted with the "you have a genie lamp that will grant three wishes, what are they" prompt will see they want unlimited wishes, or something to that affect. This hypothetical situation doesn't have an even remote chance of becoming true, so what's the point of "outsmarting" the fictions system? Why do people insist on imaginary loopholes?

People are just like that sometimes you know you would do the same it doesnt hurt to try right?

To be fair the first thing you should do on finding out you have "wishes" is determine the nature of the granter - are they benevolent, literal, malificent?

I wish I was the richest person on the planet
1) A benevolent entity grants your wish and gives you wealth, knowledge and wisdom - you live a long and happy life
2) A literal entity puts a very large number in your bank account. The bank notice and tell the IRS, you end up in court for all this ill gotten money and get a massive tax bill or your money seized
3) A malevolent entity - there rest of the world is dead, you're the only human left and therefore the richest person on the planet. You don't have the skills to survive on your own and die cursing the entity

[+] 1 user Likes Biknboy99's post
yeah, you run into dangerous "monkey paw" territory. I think the best first wish is to ask the wish granter to grant subsequent wishes according to my intent, rather than there interpretation.  You may now only have two wishes to spend as you please, but at least their safe, aside from your hubris.

Because people assume that the rules will bend to their every whim, rather than bothering to ask what the rules are. When presented with a deal that sounds too good to be true, people throw logic out the window, and base everything off of their emotions and lusts.

few wish makes those wishes special if you have infinite than nothing matters