arrow_upward
Instacart Shopping Experiences
I've recently come across some anecdotes online on bad Instacart experiences. It's not necessarily all on the shopper, but there are stories of downright odd substitutions which may be a result of low stock in markets right now (example I read was someone getting pounds of Cilantro because they substituted it for all the various herbs that were requested, or vegan cheese instead of ground pork).

I happened to have made my first order last week to be delivered tomorrow and now I don't know what to expect. Anybody have lots of experience using the service during this pandemic or beforehand? I've tried to explicit with all of my substitution requests so that I don't unpleasant surprises but I hope I don't get stuck with a higher than expected bill with expensive mediocre substitutes.

This is probably not very helpful because I only used it once a while back and wasn't happy with the substitutions,. I learned that you had to be VERY explicit with your notes otherwise it's a lottery. I expect it may be worse during the pandemic when stock levels are low across the board.

I’ve traditionally had good experiences with Instacart, but it has been tough during the pandemic. There’s no guarantee that the stores will have everything you order these days

I’ve used shipt in the past week or two, and one thing that is extremely frustrating is that if the item is not in stock for example toilet paper, the delivery driver has to take it off. A couple of time they haven’t removed it and I get charged for it. Then I have to try to contact customer support to get it refunded

fucked me over once lmfao

They typically run out of stock now because of the pandemic.