arrow_upward
Is Chess a sport?
What do you think guys?

I’d say it’s as close to a sport as eSports are.

Maybe. Japan considers Go a real sport, right? I don’t consider someone who plays chess an athlete, but it’s really no different from eSports.

It could be I have no idea

the majority consensus said that chess IS a sport. but any boardgame can be a sport if played competitively

I would have said no since it isn't a physical competition but I guess if videogames (esports) are a sport then chess is too. the international olympic committee considers it a sport apparently.

If video games are a sport why cant chess be one

I would agree with that statement assuming that you are considering both of them a full sport, in eSports you are both actively moving your arms etc whilst using communicative skills, much like you would be in any team sport such as football etc. You are also using your brain so I would say that eSports are a complete sports. Chess is very similar in that you are using your brain to work out what you are going to do next and it is a game of mind power.

So considering online Chess is an esport...and physical Chess is not a sport....

I'd think that a lot of competitive events would be counted as sports. Competitive games online are called esports. So chess should be considered a sport if it hasn't been already.

I think after the Queens gambit chess will get more notoriety and even if it's not sport it should be close to eSports

Since u gotta to practice for hours every day and dedicated your life to it, i believe it is a sport

its more a mental sport than a phisycal activity