arrow_upward
Is anyone completely disinterested in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
I have liked a couple of the movies but most of them are before the official MCU like the first two spiderman movies, the first two X-Men movies and Iron Man 1. But I find most of the other stuff to just be noise with very little substance.

They are carefully crafted and put together, but I find them to be quite dull and poor quality. I don't see people looking back on them fondly as classics in 20 years.

Anyone else feel this way?

[+] 1 user Likes lightspeedwin's post
I'm starting to feel this way. Loki is still meh for me.

[+] 1 user Likes thundereder9t8y's post
Hollywood at its peak. Try watch Gundala and other Asian superheroes movies

I've been this way for a while. I think the last one I watched was the 2nd Iron Man movie, and that was it for me. All it seems that (((they))) are doing is taking their shitty storylines and putting on a Marvel Universe cape. I half expect sex scenes to be the norm for the next set of MU movies.

[+] 1 user Likes olichan12's post
The recommenadation about Gundala is interesting, I've never even heard of it. Part of the Bumilangit Cinematic Universe, an Indonesion take on superheroes, which is a complete copy of the business model of the MCU. I'm very curious to see how it performs and if audiences enjoy it.

It's a whole separate thread perhaps about whether there is too much content in general. It used to be part of film culture that there were "classics" and movies that people watched over and over again and recommended to family, and would be rites of passage for every new generation.

The Gundala recommendation is cool and maybe I'm out of touch but it kind of illustrates how with so much content, it can sometimes be hard to connect with people on movies and tv shows because a lot of people aren't watching the same thing or the time has come and gone.

Like, people STILL love Star Wars. But do people still gush over Game of Thrones? Or Breaking Bad? They've just kind of come and gone.

The first two x-men films aren't really MCU to me.
Thor Ragnarok is great
Korg is a Taika Waititi cameo
"I'm made of rocks. You don't need to be afraid, unless you're made of scissors"
"This is my friend Miek, he's got knives for hands"

Korg is great, Ragnarok is hilarious, but most people hated it because... well, it was 'too' funny.

Quote:Korg is great, Ragnarok is hilarious, but most people hated it because... well, it was 'too' funny.

Taika Waititi is great even if his voice didn't match the look of the character. But I also think that awkward humor worked because it has been Waititi's style for some time so he knows how to wield it.

In the other films the humor tends to grate on me, like with Robert Downey Jr. If the entire MCU approached its subject matter comedically like Thor Ragnarok, I think it would be great. But too much of it tries to be dramatic while undermining the drama with jokes. And really, the whole MCU feels like it shouldn't be heavier than the tone of a saturday morning cartoon.

Marvel died with end game

Marvel quite literally died with endgame. I don't really know how they expect to maintain the characters. I guess they'll just recast with different actors and re-reboot.

Yes! I watched the first Iron Man and Captain America ages ago, but never paid too much attention to the rest. The whole MCU hype seemed like a big circlejerk

Was into it until endgame, now i barely care for the remaining heroes tbh

i never liked marvel movies, i dont care about superheros LOL

Haven't even started Loki from a lack of interest. I really don't get the hype anymore.

^ it's just okay, and it's fine if you skip. I didn't enjoy the hype.

[+] 1 user Likes thundereder9t8y's post
Quote:^ it's just okay, and it's fine if you skip. I didn't enjoy the hype.

Marvel stuff is good for getting high and watching to laugh at how ridiculous it is. Loki as a show tries too hard to be clever. It's like the Josh Gad of Marvel shows except all of Marvel is kind of like Josh Gad: trying too hard to be liked.

^ Everyone and their mothers have been hyping it and it;s utterly boring as shit. I still have not seen the last episode.

I think that the MCU movies have grown duller with each release because they mostly follow a calculated formula instead of trying something new and innovative.

[+] 1 user Likes fwfw1234's post
Yep! Honestly couldn't care less.

Superhero movies in general are most certainly going to begin to die off, like any other Hollywood genre craze.