arrow_upward
Is app development still a way to go?
With the beginning of the app store everyone was crazy about apps and becoming an app developer.
I'm wondering what you guys think, is it still a good idea to learn and work as an app developer?

sure, but things are more and more complex. i would also look into web development.

Companies keep creating native apps, so app developers will have enough jobs and good salaries.

But it depends on what you want. If you want to work alone, and create your own apps, or get into little startups with small teams, web development will be more useful, since a single platform (the web), will be able to serve computers, iOS, Android...

On the other hand, if you want to get in older startups/big companies, app development will be fine. Since, when the companies look for the best UX possible on their platforms, they usually end up working with native apps for iOS/Android.

Here you have a blog post about how Airbnb (RIP) moved from native (iOS/Android) to ReactNative(web/js) and back to native(iOS/Android):

RE: Is app development still a way to go?.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Is app development still a way to go?.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

The marketplace is a bit saturated now so it's much harder to create your own app.

However, apps will continue to be essential so Java is a good choice!

Couldnt agree more

Yeah still a lot of money in it

It's definitely a good way to go. The app market is not dying. Another alternative is PWAs as they have similar application.

Apps are still important, but I think with the number of cross-platform frameworks (Flutter, React Native), app *development* has less of a focus because it's just web development in a different context. A lot of people expect services to have an app available. If Google/Apple can work out how to advertise PWAs then they might replace business-y apps eventually.

Was at a Google event last year. They said that pwa is the way to go, too much competition to be an installed app. Statistics show that most user only uses about five apps. Can your idea be one if those? If not, web app.

Yes, it is a very good choice if you can be write mobile apps. Nowadays, almost all of people use mobile phone, but if you are worried about that, I think you should go as web developer. Why? website is flexible and you can open it using your browser