arrow_upward
Is fallout 3 the best fallout?
I've played fallout from 1-4, 76 and new vegas, and I see that fallout 3 is left underappreciated even though it is much better than new vegas.

Compared to New Vegas, I'd agree that it kinda gets shafted. But I think if you're into the isometric look and gameplay from Interplay's original version, it could be tough.

I'd say for me, it would probably go:

Fallout 3 <-> New Vegas
Fallout 1 <-> Fallout 2
Fallout 4
Brotherhood of Steel
Fallout 76

FO3 was alright, wouldn't say it's the best. I have a few gripes with it but combat was the main problem.

FO2 is my favorite thus far.

Never finished New Vegas, 4, 76... usually get side tracked on the sidequest and bored of the combat before finishing the game.

Fallout 3 is a good game I think the best outa all fallout 4 is cool too but you cannot play it on an low end device

It’s fun but not the best

Definitely alright, but my all time favorite will always be New Vegas.

Main story is pretty bland compared to NV but i agree still not a half bad game.

You certainly do make a very good point, Fallout 3 is certainly casted to the side as a lesser game, even though it did revolutionize the franchise, as well as bring it back from the dead. Now with that in mind I personally do not enjoy Fallout 3 which primarily comes down to it's linearity, no matter what I do I'm always stuck doing the same quests over and over again, where as that simply isn't the case with Fallout New Vegas, and Fallout 4.

[+] 1 user Likes Wrangler's post
It was good? Yes. The best? Nope, that awards goes to Fallout 2 if you ask me.

I personally prefer the more choice-based sort of games like Fallout 1,2 and New Vegas but 3 has an interesting world and although the main quest is lacking I find the side quests to be interesting. I would honestly say the best part of 3 is probably the Pitt dlc

Personal Favorite is fallout 3 only because I like the way they made the BoS chapter into a force of good. New Vegas was good and seem to be a lot peoples favorite though