arrow_upward
Is it justified to be fired from the company for not getting vaccinated?
I think it's a difficult problem. But I think it's because freedom comes with responsibility, as we all know.

Not getting vaccinated is my heart, but I don't have the freedom to transmit diseases that might endanger the lives of others and their families.

However, I think being fired from the company is a difficult problem. Did the company fire an internal employee who carries the disease because it hurts operation?

[+] 1 user Likes teosis's post
Nope. There are a shit ton of lawsuits about to hit because all the health care centers in CA just fired all their unvaxxed workers. It's illegal to force someone to participate in an experimental vaccine. And the governor of CA just mandated for all kids, so that's another lawsuit about to hit. They're desperate to hold onto power and the narrative. That's why this is happening. They're panicking.

[+] 2 users Like olichan12's post
I feel like we've come to a general consensus in the US at least that 'if I don't like something, it should be banned. If I like something, it should be mandatory.' And I'm not entirely sure where that ideology began. Ethically, no, no company should restrict your personal freedoms, especially when it comes to what you put in your own body. Legally, however, is another tale. There are some lawsuits going around about it, but a lot of those have already flopped. One interesting prosecution I saw though had to do with disability laws, and that mandating the vaccine is itself assuming that a person has an infectious disease. It'll be interesting to see how all of these turn out.

I feel like we've come to a general consensus in the US at least that 'if I don't like something, it should be banned. If I like something, it should be mandatory.' And I'm not entirely sure where that ideology began. Ethically, no, no company should restrict your personal freedoms, especially when it comes to what you put in your own body. Legally, however, is another tale. There are some lawsuits going around about it, but a lot of those have already flopped. One interesting prosecution I saw though had to do with disability laws, and that mandating the vaccine is itself assuming that a person has an infectious disease. It'll be interesting to see how all of these turn out.

[+] 1 user Likes freebird17's post
There was a guy in NJ that posted on halfchan that he successfully got his employer to drop the vaccine mandate they'd implemented. He had his lawyer draft a lawsuit they were going to file, stating that since they were dividing people by covid vaccine status, then they would have to know the medical records of all other employees, and divide them by the various diseases they had, so that no one could get them. It took 24 hours for that company to drop its mandate.

I know lawyers that are fighting for the states that mandate vaccines point to that 1903 case, as it's the only Constitutional Law case on vaccines, but that case's reasoning is outdated. Some of the lawyers against the mandatory vaxes are arguing "my body, my choice", as is used by Planned Parenthood for abortion. Others are arguing how no one has even isolated Covid-19 in the lab, which is absolutely true. There are others that are showing that this is a large and illegal medical experiment, which it is. And some are showing that no governor has the authority to mandate a vaccine by executive order, and that the sole authority for that rests with the states' legislatures. The employment lawyers are going to have a field day with this, because lack of a vaccine is an illegal reason to fire people, and so people are not only eligible for unemployment, but also eligible for compensation due to unlawful firing. Companies do not have the right to mandate vaccines on their own.

This is going to be a legal nightmare for the governments involved.

"I don't have the freedom to transmit diseases that might endanger the lives of others and their families."
You put people in danger anytime you walk outside with the flu, or you have peanut oil on your hands, or get behind the wheel of a vehicle. Part of everyone's freedom is the ability to venture out into the world despite what tragedies may befall them. As such, it is their personal responsibility, not the rest of the world's or their government's, to weigh the risks and benefits when deciding to exercise that freedom.

Not sure about the law on this...but health records are private...however that doesnt mean that you cant show proof by free will...there is a general right to employ who you want and fire who you want as long as someone is not part of a certain group (like religion/gender and things)...so all in all, I see no issue with employers getting rid of employees who are unvaccinated