arrow_upward
Is it worth learning rust?
I've got a site designer friend who makes effective chatrooms for streaming content, he recommends I learn rust as I want to do the same sort of work he does. Anyone have any experience or opinions on it ?

I would try and learn something more used like python and then you can move on to learn other languages especially if you don't have a lot of experience in programming you want something more common

If it's your first programming language don't start with rust. As mentioned, start with Python

better try other programming languages

Python is the way to go if you have no experience at all

I disagree. Rust is the crazy good when it comes to learning how to write good code.
The compiler gives better explanations than any other language out there. It's also very strict and low level, so you'll probably learn a thing or two about how computers work.

Rust is pretty good, but alternatively learning languages like python is a better and easier language to learn

All dependant on if this is your first language or not, I personally learnt with Java but most wouldn't recommend this. I'd tell you to go for Python as its friendly for a beginner

Up to you, but recommend start with Java or Python first.