arrow_upward
Is joker a great film other than Joaquins performance
I really want to hear your guys opinion on the film

I thought it was a good character study of Arthur fleck. Kind of like taxi driver or the king of comedy.

[+] 1 user Likes nanolith_'s post
I really enjoyed the movie :O

I think without Joaquin's performance the whole thing really falls apart. No one else really had a character arc and so much of it is his perspective that without his performance it doesn't have anything to really stand on.

[+] 2 users Like StrangeFellow's post
Definitely wouldn't be as good without him in it, but it had some other redeeming features such as the soundtrack.

for me joaquins performance outstanding with joker character and i dont feel like this when watch other "joker"

it took me until this forum to decide I need to see it. Thanks y'all

Isn't the whole thing a character study on joker? It wouldn't work at all without Joaquin. It would be like asking if a burrito is good if you remove all the filling. It's not really a burrito at that point.

Agree that it wouldnt work without Joaquin. Worth seeing just for it his performance though.

I think he had to play in it for it to be a good movie

I think it did a great job of leaving you conflicted about the character. Do we pity the joker who seems to suffer from mental illness and some sort of ptsd, does this excuse the actions of the character?

I think the whole move was just a made up store that joker was telling to the psych in arkham at the end that he killed, just like the comics there are so many joker origins that you dont know what is true and what isn't

[+] 1 user Likes bigkahunainit's post
I'll leave it at this: Without Phoenix, the film falls to average at best.

Joaquin saves the movie, he it's great but the movie story itself is too slow and only the last 20 minutes are really good.

I found it okay it had a good story element to it 7/10

Sucks, he did a great job in Walk the Line..

i would doubt it to be that good without Joaquin performance

i didn't care for it all that much, i dont really want to relate to the joker y'know?

Joaquin's performance was great but the film as a whole was ... meh.

I think it all kind of hinges on him being as good as he is in it and throwing himself in to it as he does. Think without him it's mediocre at best.

No not really. Doesnt really hold up on multiple viewings. Music is great though