arrow_upward
Is joker a great film other than Joaquins performance
yes the movie itself brough light to many issues in society such as cutting resources for the poor

I think a good consensus of people whom I know watched it agree with me that it would fall apart without Phoenix's performance. You just can't help but be enamored at how far he went to make the character work. As for Batman fans, I think one more thing that contributes to how great the film became is that how the writers twisted the usual Joker story into something refreshing and realistic and completely off the Nolan crazy train.

great film, it shows you how he became a psychopath

I think it holds up against multiple viewings- great story and insight on life

yo this was a good ass question... obviously he was the main character and the movie kinda orbits around them... but if it wasnt for him.... SHAYTE movie

Agree that it wouldnt work without Joaquin. Worth seeing just for it his performance though.

I liked it, gave a really good take on a possible upcoming villain backstory

I watched it once in the cinema and thougt it was good overall so yeah. Haven't rewatched it since though

I watched it a few weeks after it came out and thought it was a good, but wasn't blown away. I feel like my expectations were very high after hearing everyone hyping it up for weeks saying that it was amazing. Maybe need to give it a rewatch and I will appreciate it more.

[+] 1 user Likes reeecey115's post
I enjoyed it a lot. Like everyone is saying, it was a character study so it heavily relied on the Joker's character, but I like how he interacted with the world around him. Thoroughly enjoyed the movie

there's really not much to the story other than his acting