arrow_upward
Is there a real link between video games and violence?
I know that some studies say they are related and they start saying that most of the violence cases are a result of playing such games.

What do you think?

Violence is the result of a lack of self-control and a surplus of self-centeredness. I'm not talking about what's done in war, but the violence you see on the streets. Video games don't teach you those two things, your parents do. Or lack of parents, too.

[+] 1 user Likes olichan12's post
In a simple answer - no I don’t think video games directly make your more violent
but….
In a complex answer - that are a lot of extra factors that can play into video games being a bad influence

Video games are fun, and when thought of properly can be satisfying for the player. However if a person is taught that in a violent video game, the main characters actions were proper (with no other guidance to correct him) then we can see where the issue lies. This is true for every media thought.

TLDR; Game on my softbois

I don’t think video games make people violent

Answer: of course not.

[+] 1 user Likes thundereder9t8y's post
No, there's multiple studies that have confirmed there's no link. I have no idea what studies you're referring to. The whole video games linked to violence idea was pushed in the 1990's because violence in kids and teens was on the rise at the same time video games started getting really popular, so a bunch of smoothbrains thought they could link the two and get video games banned because they make baby Jesus cry or something.

Nah. Violence is everywhere, but not everyone is violent. Worse it can do is make a kid an asshole but there’s also plenty benefits.

No, it's only politicals who never play who said that

No why would there be

Nope, same as heavy metal music and devil worshipping

Only if those playing them have no sense of right and wrong