arrow_upward
Is working from home is efficient ?
Most of you probably started to work remotely, but are you still productive ? If you answer this thread and you should work, the answer is probably no ...

looool fuck no ive been so lazy

I find i can get more done at home

no. its bad unless you are a hard worker

Honestly, not even 50% as productive as going into the office...  But I feel like my whole team and everyone else I know and talked to about this is on the same page.  We kinda just keep on pressing on.

On the one hand, no commute, less meetings, no random chit chat so quite a bit of time saved there. On the other, working at home is less productive, get distracted more easily etc which outweighs the time savings from not having to go in.

Seem to be less productive at home these days. Get distracted a lot more easily

With a dedicated space and some time, I say so. The issue I've ran into recently is those who aren't used to working from home now are and simply are away from keyboard and not as responsive as they would while in office. As far as hammering away at code in a silo, easily more efficient working from home vs in the office for me.

Im finding it difficult to be productive tbh. Too many distractions

Not working exactly, but I'm doing University currently and there's no way you can be productive at home. There's so many other things you could do, but also everything is recorded so you say to yourself that you're going to watch it later and a few weeks have passed and you're in a lot of trouble. Also, it's just not as motivating to not see people. I find for some reason seeing my lecturers in person makes me want to work harder rather than a set of assignments and things I need to do on a list, but I guess it really depends upon your way of working. I've also heard that a lot of people have deferred this semester already, because they just don't like watching and doing their lectures online.

Remove all distractions and make yourself a strict schedule that you stick to. Otherwise you fall into a loop of constantly distracting yourself and getting bored. Even eating at random times can get you out of the zone and make you unproductive. Plan your day ahead.

I find that I have days: when I'm motivated, i'm extremely productive at home. On other days, the temptation of napping in bed wins.

If your internet works correctly, I mean VPN is fine then there is no better place to work than home Smile

It took a while for me to replicate my work setup at home. Now, I'm close to working as efficiently as before but using remote desktop to my work computer still sucks.

Lower productivity for sure, coupled with the poor ergonomics of my home setup

No definitely worse.

i am more efficient working from home. no distracting co workers

its 2020 now we live in an ever improving digital age so WFH is indeed good thus reducing pollution though i agree some outside work is eternal like griwng plants/food agriculture(agriculturing in home..is it possible?)