arrow_upward
Java still worth using nowadays compared to Python?
I know the basics of both, but curious as to which one to invest in. From personal experience, python seems more flexible

Java still has its uses, although i prefer python now

[+] 2 users Like jamimila's post
I think the tech world is moving away from Java and on to Python. But Java is still taught because programming for it supposedly teaches you logic.

[+] 1 user Likes olichan12's post
Java give you a better control on the memory for example, but python is must easier to use. I prefered python for the flexibility and the structuration of code. But it's a personnal opinion.

[+] 1 user Likes tototiti's post
python all the way bro,. no seriously, what do you want to do with it? Python is a swiss army knife and very easy to learn, if it suits you, go for it

[+] 1 user Likes underharvey's post
It really depends on what you're using it for.

Java is still heavily used in industry, Python has a bigger user lib.

Java is an OOP language whereas python is a scripting language for fast putting together tools. Both still very useful but at what they were purposed for. You should really just learn the coding language for the application you want to make a program for. All of todays languages borrow a lot from C so are very similar. All programmers know multiple languages rather than mastering just one.

[+] 1 user Likes johnnycotton29's post
I like Java. Better than python

After reading this thread, I feel relieved since my dumbass didn't know what programming language I should have started with and chose Python

[+] 1 user Likes Get in the Robot Shinji's post
I recommend starting with Python it may be easy to learn for beginner and it has lots of packages for any instances

IMO Java is better for a beginner, it's good as a sort of bridge between the ridiculously simple Python and the more complex C++ or C#. Writing in Python is basically like writing pseudocode

I all depends on what you want to do, python is nice but Java is still great for larger applications, namely mobile app development

As someone that recently got really into java programming after years of only python I can say it does have its uses.
Python is more easy to use but sometimes for a well organized and structured code you'll want java

Python is a good starting point as a prorammer, but after a while, you'll see that most of them are more or less the same, the way i take it, Java's better in web development, while python is a jack of all trades.

[+] 1 user Likes LichHunter's post
I have always been told to learn Java over Python. I have done neither so I'm not sure I'm reliable.

Java has a very large enterprise presence and they're not moving anytime soon.

Good java developers are quite rare so the pay available to Java developers is quite good.

It depends on what you are going to do with your knowledge. Would you like to program just for yourself or do you want to work in the industry? Do you want to build and maintain large applications, or do you want to get into web-applications (if so then you should learn another language) ,machine learning or just write some scripts? What I would like to say is: You should first know what you want to do with the programming tool and then you have to decide which language is most suitable for it. However, if you know the basics from one language, it will be easier to learn another. But don't forget programming is not just about coding.

If you want get into data science python for sure.

Python is better for beginners . and Java is more for professional