arrow_upward
Joining the military?
What are your thoughts on joining the military where you are from and the military in general?

Fuck the military

i dont think thats a good idea

Do you want to be afraid of fireworks?

There are three reasons for joining the military (aside from a draft):
>learning discipline because you were too rebellious or your parents were too dumb to teach you
>using the military to train you in everything you want in the civilian world and also using the GI benefits after your enlistment is up
>cheap but sometimes punitive way of spending 20 years to get a retirement

Choose wisely.

imagine risking your life for a country that truly doesn't give a fuck about you.

The military is just as flawed as law enforcement if not more so

Free college!

If you think you'd adapt to the military and are charismatic, you could do well. If you'll stick out like a sore thumb, don't even think about it. You'll waste your life and end up as a guy with a repressed nature full of mental disorders. Otherwise, you can easily get a chance to meet important people and as you may very well know network is more important than anything.

ours is corrupt and rich as hell..so yeah i am joining it

Nah, our military be crazy, I ain't joining that!

no thanks, not for me

*reads in interest while 2-year mandatory conscription is a thing in my country*

Not a good idea. Too risky for no reason. You will fight for a country that doesn’t care for you. And you won’t know the real reason whybyou are there. And if you come back alive, you will be fucktop. Crazy

Militaries are such a waste of money but there are too many bad people out there to not have them.

the military supports so much regime change in other countries, our military is a fucking plague to the entire world. imagine if iran just built military bases in a circle around the us, sounds dystopian right? that’s what we do to iran. it’s all so these massive
military contracting corporations can get paid. scourge of the earth man, but i also get that some people are born into complete poverty with no other way out because our country doesn’t give a fuck about poor people. so if that’s your only option to make a life for yourself i can’t knock that either

My countries military exists mostly to fund and aid corporations. We have not fought a just or legitimate war in decades.. short of a draft there is no way I would sign up to be a cog for that bullshit. I'm not going to die for people who could care less if I die. Feel bad for the dude above with mandatory service!

Unless you have absolutely no other options, you shouldn't do it

Might seem like a good idea, but you have to know youll be scrubbing toilets with toothbrushes lmao