arrow_upward
Kinda wanna learn, maybe
I have absolutely zero coding knowledge, but its a nice interest since I'm joining the navy. My job won't really have to deal with coding but tbh I think I would to learn a little bit, can anyone recommend coding sites for beginners or somewhere to start?

python is generally the first language most people use - as its the most simple to pick up
codeacademy, udemy and datacamp are all relatively good sources but there should be plenty of youtube tutorials

Ruby and Python are the best ways to go for beginners.

Here is what is created in Ruby

RE: Kinda wanna learn, maybe.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Kinda wanna learn, maybe.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

Python: 

RE: Kinda wanna learn, maybe.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Kinda wanna learn, maybe.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

People will say PHP powers 1/3 of the web but that is mainly due to legacy sites and websites built on WordPress which it self is coded in PHP. It is a dying language as Ruby, Python, JavaScript, etc replace it. With that being said I heard good things about PHP 7. PHP also has a dope framework called Laravel which is very, very good(As I heard). 

If you're interested in some free books, I can link you where to get them in a dm. I'll also recommend some series that found on there.

I feel like something as convoluted as programming requires more of a I absolutely want to learn not just a kind of, Python and Ruby are good starter languages though.

[+] 2 users Like RedReticle's post
Starting with a high level language is good

Definitely start with python it teaches you the basics and is one of the easier languages.

python is a great place to start. I'd recommend starting with a free online tutorial or youtube tutorials

Definitely python! Great language, was the first one I learned, and it's still my favorite to make quick stuff in.

The quote function doesn't seem to work, but absolutely this. Take it from someone who has military experience and loss complete interest in it. Programming requires a particular mindset and determination. You can code as a hobby sure... but projects that are worth doing require sophistication and determination to get better. Think about all of the innovative things that are created... the engineering it took. Not to discourage you, but seriously look into it. I recommend Java or C++ to start. Certain languages do things better or worse. Just because a language is easy doesn't mean you should learn it right away. The language you choose should be based on what you are interested in. Once you understand coding concepts; syntax and functionality of independent language comes quickly. So yes use these resources stated above... but truly dig deep and find out if this is something you are interested in or not.. programming is a rabbit hole leading to infinity. There is alway something I need to learn to do something VERY particular.

I did not realize I was passionate about it until I stopped... I found myself creating things to make my life easier and ended up back where I started.

Good luck in the navy you will not find better friends than those in the military. I guarantee it.

[+] 1 user Likes riqboy's post
Oh fs thanks

Yeah having to be commuted to something like this totally makes sense. I have a lot of free time after classes and definitely want to look more into all this

Yeah having to be commuted to something like this totally makes sense. I have a lot of free time after classes and definitely want to look more into all this

If you're looking for things to learn at a collegiate intro level, programming is probably the easiest. Unlike subjects like Math or statistics there is really no prior knowledge assumed. And because of the demand for intro level resources there is a lot of stuff out there! Definitely give it a try because it's a skill that will pay off no matter what you want to do in life

The biggest advice I can give to anybody wanting to learn to program is to find a problem you are trying to solve and pick the right tool for that job, then learn how to use it. If you want to write some scripts to automate things, learn python. If you want to make a website, learn javascript html and css

I found python to be the best to learn. Started by practicing on a Raspberry pi. Nice and cheap