arrow_upward
Learning a new language by yourself
Hi, I’m really interested in learning Japanese, but it is quite hard to study by my own, I mean should I start by vocabulary? Grammar? Learn kanji’s? I suppose many people have the same problem, have you learned any language by yourself? And what tips can you give to people trying to do so?

i think there are many websites these days that can help you with that but i'd definetly recommend trying to watch your fav shows in the language you're trying to learn

Someone was about to throw away 500 business cards, so I asked if I could have them, to make into flashcards. Physical flashcards are my favorite way of learning words/letters.
It's nice to have a stack of glossary flashcards in your pocket, to study whenever you have time to spare.

Learn from watching stuff in that language

Watch anime! Listening to the language with visual cues help.
If anime is not your thing, Japanese dramas are actually really good so you can try those.
I know Japan is famous for horror genre but Japan does have some quality movies and tv shows.
I recommend Hayao Miyazaki's work from Ghibli studio.
It's like Japanese Disney. It's for children but also palatable to adults.
If you want some serious Japanese classics, check out Akira Kurosawa's films.
A lot of western adaptations were made from his film such as the Magnificent Seven.

how you getting on? i want to start learning my parents lanuage, im not the smartest annoyinly knew it as a kid but now its odd i understand most of it but  i cant speak it, i have a odd mind

Watching movies,/series, listening to music and reading in that language will help you a lot.

Hey, maybe this can help you, its a very well structured guide 

RE: Learning a new language by yourself.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Learning a new language by yourself.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

Online courses do have their conveniences, but they don’t quite do a language justice. So what I do is that once I have a decent enough grip on a language, I immerse myself in it as much as possible: watch tv/movies/videos either in your native language with foreign subtitles, or watch it in the foreign language with native subtitles; and once you’re confident/skilled enough, I suggest that you switch your phone’s entire language to the foreign one.