arrow_upward
Learning programming from zero
Hello guys, 

I hope you can help a brother  Smile. I have decided that I want to start learning programming and chosen python language. I don’t have a clue how, what to start with I really don’t have any background info on programming ! Any advice ?

[+] 1 user Likes Blackxs89's post
Not sure if I'm allowed to send links, but I did online courses via Coursera. You can "Audit" the course, and get the same lecture material/assignments. They just won't be marked or get a certificate after. But it was helpful to learn from scratch.

Thank you fam, is it free ?

The best way to get started is certainly a beginner's book, they usually all start with a "Hello World" program.  Smile

Udemy have some free python courses - including ones for complete beginners. I think some of their paid courses are also shared on this forum too . It also depends on how you like to learn - some people like to be guided through a structured course but other prefer to explore by themselves.

i can help you if u want, but im not good at it ;)

Another thing to keep you engaged is to think of a small project to practice and learn as you go once you have the basics down.

I want to learn too

Just remember that following a course or reading a book is only the first step(and usually the most boring one).
The real fun and learning experience is applying what you have learned on real world problems.
Good luck!

[+] 1 user Likes elwogewt's post
i recommend this (free) course before you go deeper into programming:

RE: Learning programming from zero.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Learning programming from zero.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

you get to learn C which is like the grandfather of all programming languages and then you can take another course they have about python (web development).

[+] 1 user Likes shieba's post
Imo the first thing you will need to master while learning any language is to understand how the machine works. Understand the program flow and what is your initial state, what is your desired end result and break the process into pieces. You can start off with Python or JS for now

I highly recommend the book "learn python the hard way"

Try Python with Al Sweigart - "automate the boring stuff with python". You can find free course on his website. I start with this and not regret Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Leonidas300's post
I know its not Python but try CS50x on edX.
I found it a good resource when I was starting out.

I started out with Code Academy, then moved on to Code Wars, then looked into application design and started to build simple things.

there are so many good tutorials on youtube