arrow_upward
Learning python3
I have started learning python3 from code academy. 

Should I learn that way or do you recommend something else?
OR should I code by following youtube tutorial and or start creating simple projects.

I heard discord bots were quite easy to make as a learning experience. thoughts?

All the ways you named are useful to learn. When you are trying to learn anything (not only coding), the most important part is to keep doing it daily. And if to achieve that, you need to learn in some specific way, it's fine to do it.

Let's say you hate codeacademy, but you love following youtube tutorials. Then do it. Let's say is the opposite way. Then leave youtube alone, and go through code-academy.

When you are STARTING at something, anything will fine while you do it daily and you don't leave it. If you leave it, you failed. If you keep doing it daily, you will improve. That's a fact. And it doesn't matter if you improve a lot in little time, or improve slow. The important part is to keep improving so tomorrow you know more than today.

Then, when you will have a certain level of knowledge, of course there will be more productive methods than others. Some of them won't teach you anything, or will teach you bad practises, while others will be good. But to start, as I said, anything is good and the important part is that you enjoy it and don't get frustrated.

In case you achieve a certain level and start thinking about going forward with your own projects, then I recommend you to learn with some good books or with some quality tutorials from reliable sources like google (the company, not the search engine lol), for example.

Data Science/Machine Learning/AI:
-

RE: Learning python3.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Learning python3.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

-

Registered Members Only

-

Registered Members Only

Coding/Web Services/Software Engineering:
-

Registered Members Only

-

Registered Members Only

-

Registered Members Only

-

Registered Members Only

I'm a big fan of automate the boring stuff Al Sweigart.

Instead of just trying to learn programming, focus on solving a problem you already have.

I just did engineering for the clout
Quote:

I second Automate the Boring Stuff.

The other key piece that I found to learn programming is to have a goal in mind when writing. Having a task you want to automate helps to learn a lot.

is the book still good if my focuse isnt automating with python and just want to learn python in depth?