arrow_upward
Lego games. Good or just for kids?
I have been playing loads of lego games recently, mainly as a way to increase my platinum collection. i had a mate call me a kid for playing them as they are designed for children. i had a blast playing some of them especially the lego marvel and star wars games.

Are the lego games fun for all? or just kids games?

[+] 1 user Likes FinalFantasyRulez's post
Actually they’re one of the best games I’ve played so far. Give it a try

The LEGO games are designed for children, they're pretty casual and repetitive. However, LEGO does do stories justice and it's fun with coop with someone who's a casual gamer or you want to play games without stressing out. Ultimately, LEGO games were made for children in mind, but adults can definitely enjoy them too.

I think everything lego, barring the lego duplo stuff, is made for all ages to enjoy. Lego sets themselves are made for kids to enjoy dicking around with and for teens/adults to have fun building. Lego games are not explicitly designed for children, while probably made easier for a younger audience lego games are made for anyone to have fun playing. I do think, however, lego games as of recent have started to become less and less enjoyable and good overall. The most recent one I had played was lego ninjago and that game was just straight up unfun. A far cry from my days of playing lego harry potter and lego batman 2. The last lego game that I really enjoyed was lego city undercover. That game was probably the best one so far.

Legos and most lego games are made for children first but they also have a bunch of things that are fun for anybody regardless of age, plus you really should give a shit whether they are kids game if they are for babies then point me in the direction of the nipple I'm gonna be sucking on

I have most of the Lego games and I really like them.

There just good fun.

Also I collect Lego Star Wars and Marvel sets, some of them are really big and expensive. Not for kids.

You should check out the Indiana Jones lego games, they're quite good entries in the series and introduced some unique mechanics that improve the experience. The Lego Star Wars saga is likewise good fun, but I agree with Paul that the series overall has seen a dip in quality and replayability. Lego Lord of the Rings had some interesting ideas but unfortunately never saw much expansion, such as a traveling world map that I think even had random encounters like a more fleshed out RPG. They're not really any different from the toy sets. Are they made for children? Absolutely. But many sets and a lot of the old ones had good quality that even an adult can enjoy.

Honestly LEGO comes to a point to be obvious but out of nostalgia and if you like them I don't think there is a problem in playing them in the same way as collecting lego toys

i like lego city undercover