arrow_upward
Lets get real about NBA prospects
Victor Wembanyama. 

Is this guy legit? I remember when Wiggins and Parker were the top prospects and they both were LeBron-esk ceilings or upside. It didn't take long to see that wasn't a fair comparison for either player, and injuries were obviously a huge contributor.

Is everything they say about this guy actually true? Is he the real deal bonafide next generations KD? I'm curious to know what everyone else thinks. I'm not very great at making those educated guesses about players like him. He seems too thin for his height. It takes years to put on the amount of muscle that he would need to fill out like lets say, Giannis (obvious and easiest height to weight similarities maybe? Giannis was skinny year one too I believe.)

Thanks for taking the time to view/reply if you do! <3

I don't think he's quite as polished as KD was coming out of high school from a scoring standpoint, but he's even freakier from a length standpoint. From what I'm hearing, he's going to be absurd rebounding and defensively. His length lets him contest and the rim and close out on 3s at the same time. I could see him struggling a bit offensively to find his game, but as his shooting and handle improves he'll be able to draw bigger guys out or force teams to play small, which will only make his rebounding better.

Wow, great reply! I appreciate it.

That makes muuuuch more sense.  I'd love to see a lengthy, defensive forward show up for SA with tons of growing room and good work ethic. He is freakishly tall I guess I didn't realize now until I saw the numbers just how long he is. I hope his health is good too.