arrow_upward
Losing credits over dead links
This is the second time I lost credits over dead links. There should be a solution for this

[+] 1 user Likes archinerate's post
Haavent had it happen yet, but i was curious what happens in that case

I'm not sure how viable it would be but, having a thread locked or archived once links are reported (x) number of times seems most logical.

TitScholar Wrote:I'm not sure how viable it would be but, having a thread locked or archived once links are reported (x) number of times seems most logical.
they get automatically moved to "broken links" after being reported dead 3 times.

OR, in most cases, the moderator team manually moves them if they see the report, which they do. So usually 1 report is enough.

TBH people simply don't report links. They rate them as not working, but they don't report them.
Please read the FAQ's before you message me.
leakedbb.com/faq.php
Message me if you have any issues with the forum

[Image: bde77860ca7faa1f89ec9c4c3771efcb.gif]

Good solution might be to add partial credits to the first report of a dead link. 0.25 credit for each 1st reported dead link would probably get people to start reporting dead links (or any other incentive).

Well it is taken down after it gets reported but it is too late for some of us at that point and we lose credits for nothing.

gotta get everyone to report links that are not working otherwise you will hit a dead link at some point

TitScholar Wrote:Good solution might be to add partial credits to the first report of a dead link.  0.25 credit for each 1st reported dead link would probably get people to start reporting dead links (or any other incentive).
The problem is people start reporting links to get credits to spend. Initially when the forum was setup we had no contributor system, so what happened was users would spam like 50 posts in like a day to get credits to spend, then leave. The repeat the next day. It lead to a lot of spam that we are still cleaning up. It's nearly impossible to deal with human spammers. 
Thats why we came up with this system, so there is ZERO or even negative incentive to spam. 

Every day the mod team deals with over 50 reports and honestly >20% are people reporting fake links, just coz they couldn't get access to it. 

I am contemplating giving some reputed onyx members access to remove broken links.

Wouldn't you be able to catch registered users who abuse the dead link report? And administer action on their accounts? Even IP banning?
Morons who report links just because of inability to access deserve an asskicking and banning

The problem with IP bans is that there are legitimate users who then cannot access the site due to shared IP's, plus with the advent of VPN's IP banning is now only an annoyance to those users who are inept at technology. Those who can, will abuse the system.

[Image: 4963547f9e6318723bbd7abbf2d6f313.png]
Please note that I do not source any content. I just copy what state wins release. Please contact me and I will remove anything that is against the rules. 

just had one happen lol. its all good. cant be helped sometimes

Anyway I can edit threads so I can update broken links with alternate links?

Would help put others minds at ease when spending hard earned credits for content they are looking for.

I've pm'd a couple people with alternate links already.

Would be a great idea to implement. Might be less work on y'alls end as well.

this is the absolute worst ugh

Yeah it sounds like a great idea but I'm not sure how the forum is set up so it might be very hard to actually implement a credit refund. Not sure if it tracks who has used credits on a link (i.e. viewable to Lucifer) and even then, that would be a lot of requests for him to go through and I'm not sure if he would have that sort of time.

In a perfect world..

pretty rough man

After credits are taken make another report button visible, if this is clicked -> mods check for dead link -> if link is really dead, return credits to all users who made that report. False report = severe penalty.

that sucks but not sure how its possible to prevent

archinerate Wrote:This is the second time I lost credits over dead links. There should be a solution for this
yeah there should defo be something in place to reduce this