arrow_upward
MLB 2020?
I was hopeful there would be a late start (maybe Opening Day over July 4!) but the owners and MLBPA are at a stalemate with negotiating terms to start the season. Do you think 2020 baseball is canceled? What would this do to the game while other professional sports are capable of resuming and starting their seasons just fine?
It's all about money obviously, so good luck making any when you don't play...

almost for sure cancelled at this point

I mean at this point if they are smart they would do a pool play like tournament for AL and NL. Each team plays each other in their respective division (Al or NL). After that you take the top 8 teams from each side and do a BO5, BO5, BO7 to determine the winner of each. Then finally a BO7 to determine the world champ. You can do each tournament at a stadium of choices I'd say Mets and Yankees since they are so close. Same could work with National an Orioles and probably a few more. Less travel the better just so you can cover safety.

Seeing how the Cardinals can't play unless they somehow go with finding a new roster, then I think they would consider cancelling even if one whole team is down

I’m personally having a hard time supporting MLB after all the kneeling crap.

Looks like we finally got baseball. Going to be interesting to see a sped up season, especially when it comes to the trade deadline