arrow_upward
Mechanical Keyboards
is anyone else into mechanical keyboards? i have been finding myself going onto reddit.com/r/mechanicalkeyboards more often

I've only just come across it and to be honest, not sure I get it

I have one but it's a very cheap one and not very satisfying to use. Looking to upgrade in the future.

100% worth it. Don't regret getting mine at all. Blue switch K95.

Run Gateron Yellow Inks. That with switch film is just perfect

I don't have one but I've been thinking about it. There are some amazing setups in /r/mechanicalkeyboards. The aesthetics appeal to me but I don't know about the feel. I'd have to try one in person before purchasing

It's an expensive hobby to get into too. most GBs are like 300+ starting

Don't like the flashy gamer stuff or $200 keyboards, lame consumerist waste of money. Unicomp makes excellent keyboards styled after the classic IBM Model M that are relatively cheap with high build quality.

Yeah! I'm currently in a decent sized rabbit hole of mechanical keyboards with custom switches and keycaps but with enough research, your endgame keyboard can be extremely pleasing to type on and without spending too much money

like another poster said im not into the super rgb looking ones. but i have been looking at them recently too. seeing a lot of ads on reddit and instagram. feel like its kinda hard to find info on some good ones? like a lot of the time they're sold in timed group buy situations or whatever so you kind of have to know ahead of time what you're looking for

geekhack.org has a lot of nice custom keyboard builds if you're interested