arrow_upward
Microsoft buys Fallout creator Bethesda for $7.5bn
Xbox-owner Microsoft has acquired the games company behind blockbuster titles including Doom, Fallout, Skyrim and Wolfenstein.

[Image: _114538441_mediaitem114538439.jpg]

t is paying $7.5bn (£5.85bn) for Bethesda's parent ZeniMax Media.
Xbox has said that the publisher's franchises would be added to its Game Pass subscription package for consoles and PCs.
This could help make the forthcoming Xbox Series X more attractive than the PlayStation 5 to some players.
Both machines are due to launch in November.
Game Pass already gives players access to more than 200 games. Microsoft includes first-party titles at point of launch to those signed up to its "ultimate" package without further cost.
By contrast, Sony has opted to charge players up to £70 for its own major releases and does not intend to include new titles in its PlayStation Plus Collection service.
It is not yet clear how the takeover affects Bethesda's plans to create The Elder Scrolls 6, Starfield and other unfinished games as cross-platform titles.
In a statement, Xbox chief Phil Spencer said the two firms "shared similar visions for the opportunities for creators and their games to reach more players in more ways". (BBC)

[+] 1 user Likes xxidanxx's post
Honestly good riddance to bethesda. They haven't made a decent game since olbivion and even that is debatable

I mean when was the last time Microsoft has created a blockbuster or hit game? Pretty much since the early days of Halo all of their titles have been pretty mediocre

Can't argue against that Skyrim is only so good because the community made the game good without the mods Skyrim isn't even a good or clean game

If only some money could reach Bethesda's budget for fixing critical parts of their engine so that game-breaking bugs are not everywhere on every single Elder Scrolls or Fallout release, that'd be great. The deal is absolutely crazy, though. Microsoft have indicated that they want to really focus on gaming more in the future, so this might only be the first studios of many that they'll invest in or outright buy.

Microsoft bought Bethesda to shove their games into Xbox Game Pass, really nothing will change although I do hope Microsoft manages to pull Bethesda's shit together especially after that shit show that was 76.

really hope Bethesda can focus on what they really want to do now that zenimax isn´t forcing them to make as much diverse games as possible

atleast the games wont be half done

[+] 1 user Likes shadowhunter22556's post
Really makes me worry for future TES games etc. In this age of son'ys exclusives just dominating the market idk, so very easy for Xbox to now put everything firmly behind themselves and no other consoles.

Dont want to be too optimistic, but i really hope elder scrolls 6 is good

I think it would be great if the mega megacorps would stop consolidating. Market variety is a good thing and it used to exist for a reason.

Well, i hope they release new fallout games!!

Wait fr? Idk how I feel about this