arrow_upward
Mortal Kombat movie
I don't know about anyone else, but I really did not like the mortal kombat movie. The main character is super easy to forgot, the fights become underwhelming at some points, and it just feels like a flop of a movie. I want to hear your guys opinion about the film. The first ten-20 minutes of the film I thought were good, but after a while, it just boring. What are your opinions on the movie? What would you change about it, or keep the same?

[+] 2 users Like James Guabber's post
It was a dumb fucking movie no doubt, but it's a Mortal fucking Combat. Of course it's gonna be low brow. For what it was though, it was pretty good in my opinion. The acting was awful, the dialogue was awkward, and the script didn't make a ton of sense. I mean if that thunder dude could teleport anybody anywhere, why was their plan to isolate all the bad guys in one-on-one fights with the good guys? Why not just teleport all of the bad guys into an active volcano? Nevertheless, I enjoyed it. The action scenes were dope. There was a lot of great cinematography, and although there are some holes in the logic of the MK universe, the world-building was interesting and was able to keep me engaged throughout the whole film. I thought it ended too abruptly. The ending felt unsatisfying, but I assume that was intentional so that you'll be motivated to find out what happens in the sequel. I'd give it a 3.5/5.

[+] 1 user Likes hellojohn's post
The movies are really boring compared to the games

If Mortal Kombat is this bad, maybe it's one of those films that are worth watching stoned, or having a drinking game while watching.

The best description of it I've heard is that someone took a really good movie and a really bad movie and sloppily edited them together. Some parts are great, but others are super boring and underwhelming. It's kind of weird that Kano and Cole were written by the same person. Hopefully if it gets a sequel, it manages to learn from this one's mistakes, but I won't be heartbroken if we never hear about it again.

main character isn't so good, but the rest is really good, i loved the movie

Yeah the main character is boring unfortunately, the others are good, specially sub-zero (don't know if it's because the hype of the character).

Thought the movie was fun. Just don’t tell someone to go into this movie expecting much seriousness

Honestly the movie is so bad that it's good. That type of cheesy show. Best part is Sub Zero and Scorpion, nothing else is really worth it.