arrow_upward
Mortal Kombat no johnny cage reason
so i was on twitter and noticed a post with a link to an interview with the producer of the Mortal Kombat movie stating the reason Johnny cage isnt in the movie is because he is a white male hero and he wanted a diverse cast. the MK game cast is very diverse and its great becasue alot of people have representation. However leaving an important character out just because he is a white male baffles me. he isnt even the hero of MK liu kang is or at a stretch raiden.

Do you think they were right to leave johnny out for this reason?

(not trying to start a race war discussion or anything. just think its a silly reason to leave out an important MK character)

[+] 2 users Like FinalFantasyRulez's post
good game u like kt

if that is the reason the it is silly. but the trailer looks good

They should have at least recasted Johnny Cage if that was an issue, he's a pretty integral character that adds levity to a cheesy franchise which makes it more believable. Mortal Kombat loses a bit when it's cheesy but every character takes it extremely seriously.

Hopefully he will at least be in the sequel as i read the story is planned to be told as a trilogy. just have to hope the film doesnt bomb so we get the next films

I thought that they were just waiting to get the budget for a big actor to play Johnny Cage as it would be much more fitting.