arrow_upward
Most overdone super power?
I feel like super intelligence is the most overused super power. So many super heroes from especially Marvel are super scientists who use technology and their inventions as their super power. However, because they're so many of these heroes and they live in the same universe, why don't they ever copy the design of another super hero that works?

I would imagine them being super smart is mearly a substitute for the fact the no human being that we know of has real superpowers, so creating a character who is super smart, and creates their own superpowers is alot more relatable, and believable

I was going to say flight but if we go stick with super intelligence, I can think of a few possible reasons - 

• Intelligence is more openly coveted now (more sexy).  Instead of beating up nerds and making fun of D&D players, we are now working for them while they drive super cars and live in big mansions
  • Super intelligence allows the writers to get out of plot holes that they introduced more easily.  "Oh no!  There's a crisis that can't be solved with super strength, flight, or laser beams!  What do we do?!?  Get the genius to think of a solution!"
  • Intelligence allows for more character development in the eyes of many people.  "HULK SMASH" is cool initially but eventually you get bored with a one trick pony so they had to make variations, including a Genius Hulk for a while.

Strength, if you look at the Avengers at least Thor ,Hulk and Cap have super strength and only Iron man has súper intelligence. I'm not saying the others are not intelligent but surely not super intelligent

Yeah, strength has to be the easiest one here. Most of the top avengers are almost unbeatable. It's crazy. Captain Marvel alone seems to have the power to do whatever she wants. Her only limitation seems to be that she can be everywhere at once.

Plus, there's a woke angle to "you don't have to be strong to be strong" that the media would fawn over. Shit, now I ruined comic books because they're going to run with this.

Super strenght. Not only the most overdone but also the oldest one

Flight so obvious