arrow_upward
Motivation Issues
Lately I have felt no motivation to do anything. As someone who has responsibilities (school) I was wondering on any tips to find/stay motivated.

[+] 2 users Like Forsureforsure's post
Find a goal or something you want to achieve that you know you are able to achieve and work towards that no matter how small that is; you will feel a sense completion. You probably feel like I do in the aspect of lack of motivation, but you often do when you are not working towards anything. Once you have completed that, try another goal, nothing too hard but you will start to feel like you have structure in your days and you should feel much better about yourself. Try it, just remeber to never give up.

[+] 2 users Like 9vrode's post
It’s hard to stay motivated in these times, I would pick up a hobby or set little goals. Don’t push yourself and add that extra stress. Use a reward system and reward yourself for doing something that way it sticks with you and you’ll want to do it again like doing school work. Find your most productive time of day and try to get as much done as possible then so after you can relax or find other things to do. One thing I do is clear my room and spaces from distractions so I’m only focused on what I need to complete.

[+] 2 users Like You2AreDOUBL's post
Yes you're right I am missing some structure. I'll take your advice to heart.

Thanks for the help both of ya. I will try these things out and see what happens. We never giving up here

I've been having the same issue. For me having a routine and exercising helped a lot. Also getting some sunlight can do a lot more good than you'd think. Hope you feel better soon!

I blame the WHO, not the band..... Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes rburns1's post
Comfot food Sick

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I mean I'm no Psychiatrist so just to be clear this ain't a diagnosis or anything remotely similar by a long shot, but do you or have you dealt with depression or ADD? I mean I obviously don't know you so I don't know one way or another, but I bring it up cause they're both potential reasons behind that lack of motivation. Personally I got lucky and won the mental health lottery with that wombo-combo, which leads to me struggling with motivation as well. Just something to consider as a possibility. I guess what I'm getting at is it helps if you take a step back and consider where the lack of motivation comes from, figure out what exactly you're trying to fix so you know how to approach it. There is a lot of great advice posted by people here, but just know its not one size fits all and if it doesn't work for you then no sweat, you may just need to take a different approach. It took me years to figure out what worked for me, and a big part of it was realizing that the direction I was pushing myself towards in life was not where I wanted to go. I don't know where I'm going with this ramble, but hopefully It makes enough sense to help somehow lmaoo. cheers, best of luck my guy

Interesting Cool

Hi OP, my best advice for your lack of motivation is to get organized. Get a whiteboard and write down everything you need to do (Getting another white board with a calendar on it is a plus) for your week, include your goals, and then include your long-term goals. If you are having motivation issues to do anything, I have two tricks for you. 

When you know you have to get something done and you feel like you couldn't do it if there was a gun to your head, do this:
  • Have your workstation chair, where you do your schoolwork at, and then have another chair somewhere awkward in the room.
  • When you are unmotivated, sit in the chair that is awkwardly placed and just.... sit there.
  • Do not bring your phone or something to occupy your time with you when you sit in the chair. The whole point is to sit there.
  • At one point when you're sitting in the chair doing absolutely nothing, you'll get this interesting feeling called boredom. You will now need to ask yourself, "Am I ready to do my schoolwork now? Is it as bad as I think it is?"
  • I believe this could be a helpful tool, as many people always have something to do, and ridding yourself of anything to do will make you want to get something done. 

The second trick is a quote you should repeat to yourself and actually care about, or it will not work the same.

If it takes less than sixty seconds, do it now.

I hope your motivation comes back to you.

You would be surprised how much the self help books work. at least for me.