arrow_upward
My thoughts on the current state of rockstar games
I've been pretty mad with Rockstar recently. They only made 4 games in a decade even though they are a huge studio and they are still milking gta online and plan on doing so for at least another year even when rdr2 online huge potential but they messed it up. Rockstar still makes good games but they need new stuff to keep fans.

there is red dead naturalist coming out

Great games but in the end its just a company trying to make money

As long as GTA online keeps making them tons of money, not sure they will change too much.

They are making new stuff to keep fans: updates to GTA:O and RDR2:O. The only thing theyre doing that i dont like is that the prices keep going up to encourage people to buy ingame money, but in the end, theyre a business and they need to pay the bills while making their next game.

I dont care that they arent releasing a new game every year, in fact im glad they dont. Their games are based around great stories, and stories take long to make in addition to all the new features they add to the next game so its better than the last. I dont want cookie cutter games from them like cod, sports games, etc where you pay $60 for the game and even more for microtransactions, season passes, dlc and wait until the next year to do the same thing all over again. No one is complaining that csgo(2012) or lol(2009) havent had a new game because content updates do keep fans. At the same time, no one was bitching that rdr didnt get a sequel for 8 years, nor is anyone bitching that they dont get a new witcher game every year.

I'm less angry, probably just restless. I can't wait for the next GTA but I hope they are making money off of gta5online. Eventually they'll have to move on. Right?!