arrow_upward
New Anthem Update Canceled
I just read that the new update for Anthem was canceled

Thinking on the team, it's pretty sad, you work so hard on a game, that you believe it would be good, knowing it could flop too

And after releasing, you try your best to fix your game, and announce a new update trying to fix everything, and it's cancelled.....

Anthem for me has so much potential from that trailer they launched years ago, but just sucks as much as Mass Effect Andromeda....

Hope the team is ok, and make a better game in the future.

The problem with Anthem was not the team. Poor people. It was management above. First of all, EA is behind all of it. They wanted to be hands on on the project. And everything EA execs are hands-on about is corporate bullcrap. They absolutely don't know how to make a game, don't know how to make focus groups apparently, and the fact that Apex Legends was 100x more polished than Anthem (when EA didn't want to touch it) speaks volume of their skills.
Second layer was management at Bioware. I won't go into details because really I'll link to the best source article by Schreier about the subject right under. But they basically had no plan. No given stable direction. A video game is supposed to be mainly fixed as an idea before you start developing, because else every asset and system, huge investments, can be developed for nothing. It will change, but it will have some sort of an end-goal that vastly different from the original idea, but very similar to the idea at the start of development. Bioware had no such goal.

When you are a dev under that direction... you can't do much. Especially when you are treated like poo. And that's basically life at BioWare for a lot of employees.

I don't really know if they even believed their game would be good to be honest. They know how to make good games. But they have to obey to their hierarchy. And if the hierarchy is going wrong, you can't do a whole lot to make things better in a industry without any developer's guild of sorts to protect you and back you up.

I completely forgot to put the link and I can't find an edit button so here it goes...

RE: New Anthem Update Canceled.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: New Anthem Update Canceled.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

Was said to put it in "hide" things by I-don't-rmember-which-topic but really Schreier's article is easy to find anyway. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes DennisArtart's post