arrow_upward
New Credit system
I think this needs to be discussed, free speech and all that.

This new credit system is really ridiculous, it's not encouraging people to talk at all now but to just post content, which is the point of the Contribution point system.

Surely it would make more sense to combine the two if thats the objective. Otherwise it's just making this website harder and harder to use.

A carrot and stick approach but definately too much stick!!!

Comments please

There is something I learnt doing the Christmas content during the past 2 years (learnt it the hard way) is that you cannot please everyone.

The current system we had in place was causing people to tank their contributor rating hard, get it to way below -100 and then complain that they couldn't get it back to a place where they could access links. ( Going from -100 to +100 is difficult)

There was also complains that replying to "help" people shouldn't cause a drop in contributor rating, a sentiment I agree with completely.

Now you see the conundrum, How do we award users who post good things, yet discourage users who would just spam to get credits.

I tried the approach to give credits but reduce Contributor points on replies, but as stated above, it was flawed because of reasons outlined.

This new system has tripled credit earned using threads and left no reason to spam, thus encouraging actual conversation (hopefully) and not reducing Contributor rating for replying to help a user.

Quote: it's not encouraging people to talk at all

This is not true. You are using a false analogy. It's no longer rewarding it.
Please read the FAQ's before you message me.
leakedbb.com/faq.php
Message me if you have any issues with the forum

[Image: bde77860ca7faa1f89ec9c4c3771efcb.gif]

There are now more reasons (credit) to create more threads...there is no longer any really strong reason to RESPOND in threads...

Good--people can now comment in leaks threads to talk about the leaks content and stuff like that since there is no longer a penalty...there also is now more reason to post leaks because you get more rewards from it

Bad--people are mainly here for the leaks and stuff (no one comes here to talk about football originally)...to gain credits they will just post more threads...threads were already a little repetitive in the discussion section, but now it will be worse...actual discussion in the discussion section will probably fade away when people better understand credits

Some of the old system made sense to me...reward contribution with threads and reward credits with a separate thing (why you penalize conversation in leaks threads wasn't clear, tho)

I agree with roadblocks to keep links up longer...the system still needs tweaks...thank you for everything that you are trying

[+] 1 user Likes samw34099's post
I think more so people dislike the new Credit system than they do liking it.

[+] 1 user Likes thundereder9t8y's post
I'm sorry to ask because I'm new here, so how much contributor point to unlock content after I paid with credit?

I'm pretty sure the answer is 100.

[+] 1 user Likes Otters4All's post
Okay, thank you for the answer sir Smile

I do see the possibility that users (especially new ones with no credits) spamming the Discussion Forums with useless threads so they can get some credits. It may be that it ends up making the Discussion Forums irrelevant. Earning credits here was part of the motivation for us posting.

I also see that the less ethical users are going to spend credits or reputation on a link, and then create a new thread with that same link, and trying to claim it's new. They might just think that if the Repost Bot can get away with it, so can they.

I guess time will tell.

[+] 1 user Likes olichan12's post
No matter the website, everytime things, mecanism, layout, etc are changed people complain and later realized that maybe it's actually better now than it used to be. Wait and see Smile

Arrow Any like will be much much appreciated guys. Cheers ! Sick

This is not true. You are using a false analogy. It's no longer rewarding it.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply Satan, to be honest, I didn't think you would reply but appreciate that you did. I will try and get used to this system, though getting credits for replying did make life easier at times.