arrow_upward
New Metroidvania's of the past few years
I personally find Metroidvania's to be my favorite game genre.  I wonder what metroidvania's people have played that have come out recently that they enjoyed and would suggest others to play.

To list a few that I've played recently and thought were pretty well done.

Obviously Bloodstained Ritual of the Night was pretty solid.
I thought that Blasphemous The Stir of Dawn was pretty decent as well.
I just recently downloaded Inmost but have yet to play it.  
I played the first Ori but haven't gotten around to the second one that came out last year.
Carrion was very short but pretty fun if you can get it cheap.

Let me know what you think about those that I listed or any others you might suggest.  I know there was one I saw an ad for that I thought looked really cool but I haven't been able to find out what it was called when I went to check into it more.

[+] 2 users Like that1guyno1knows's post
Not a new game but I somewhat recently discovered Castlevania Harmony of Despair and have been having a lot fun with it.

Even with its age, you can still randomly find coop games or organise some on a discord server. If you haven’t tried it out before I’d strongly recommend.

[+] 3 users Like SoEducational's post
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a Metroidvania, are Mega Man games considered part of that genre? But Double Cross reminds me a lot of Megaman, and it's pretty fun. Other somewhat recent ones I can think of are Hollow Knight, the Messenger and Dead Cells, but you may have played those already if you're a big Metroidvania fan.

[+] 1 user Likes CrookedToothNarwhal's post