arrow_upward
New PS5 Heatsink design controversy

New PS5 Heatsink design controversy.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on New PS5 Heatsink design controversy.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

Has anyone seen the controversy surrounding the PS5 heat sink refresh? Do you think it’s something to be worried about? Haven’t been able to snag a PS5 still. They practically evaporate into thin air whenever there’s a stock drop. If this continues by the time I get one the slim model will have probably release already lol. 

From what I’ve read it seems like zero change in performance but what about 5 years down the road? Most people won’t be taking their PS5 apart to clean dust out. In theory a larger heat sink should mean that even if it gets caked in dust, it should still work better since there is more thermal mass, right? What are your thoughts?

Long term it should make almost no difference, I’m almost wondering if they found a flaw in the original design that will eventually cause issues for people

[+] 1 user Likes mattsh123's post
I mean the console isnt expensive enough. Like a mac to be worried about the longevity 5 years after the fact. I get people are have income disparity. Im sure something else will have issues long before he heat sink becomes an issue. Not to mention in 8 years the next gen may very well exist. Just my opinion though.

i think it was dispelled that it was worse

I don't think it would make much difference in longevity and like others said ps5 is cheap compared to buying a 2000 dollar pc