arrow_upward
New programmers: what's your biggest challenge?
I noticed that there are a lot of new programmers posting here. I remember how overwhelming it was when I first started learning. I'm curious - what are some of the biggest challenges you're facing as new programmers?

honestly, just starting assignments

Learning the proper way to organize development (Python). Folder structure, dependencies (import this here or there), include this chunk of code in a method or not? That sort of thing.

Hello my friends

Hello my friends

Anon98364 Wrote:I noticed that there are a lot of new programmers posting here. I remember how overwhelming it was when I first started learning. I'm curious - what are some of the biggest challenges you're facing as new programmers?
Learning the small differences between the languages I’d say.

Where to start really, its really overwhelming at the beginning and I struggle to remember the correct syntax, google practically everything

Moving from beginner to intermediate/advanced concepts is always a struggle. So many beginner tutorials/videos but finding good intermediate content is hard.

Not getting a headache trying to remember everything... I'm serious btw

[+] 1 user Likes GoodG's post
Doing thins never made before or/and mixing pre made code.
On my thesis I used a softPLC running on a RaspberryPI and I need to connect a lot of extra hardware to it that was listed as supported by the software but use all together was trick and has was a new thing to do and no information was found in the support forum.
I also use a lot of microcontrollers in my work, most Arduino, and I need to do reverse engineer to the libraries when using pre made ones because of conflicts.

Starting things early so I had time to fix them when things went wrong.

Also accepting when something was good enough and where that was. Perfection is impossible.

A big problem for me was GUI programming with C++.

hardest thing for me where the intermediate concepts taught at my college. i ended up powering through it, spending a lot of time in the learning center.