arrow_upward
Newest Star Wars movies
What makes the latest Star Wars movie bad? I've been watching a lot of movies during the pandemic and curious if they're worth checking out, even if it's not too highly praised.

If you've seen all the others, I'd argue they're worth watching. I think the story arc is rather weak compared to the other trilogies but the visuals are nice and there are definitely worse movies to watch.

If you have seen the older starwars films you might as well watch the news. On of the downsides to the new ones are that in the first film Finn seems like hes going to be one of the main characters through out the triliogy however they kinda just leave him of to the side.

the plot was all over the place and a lot of things kind of came out of nowhere for deus ex machina moments

visually it still looks great though

I think they are actually pretty decent. The narrative is clunky but the visuals are pretty good.

There is no reason not to watch the new ones, but that doesn't mean they are good. There a lot of inconsistencies and plot holes in the new ones, but it still does finish the story arc I guess.

Can’t wait for the obi wan spin off

Yes, they're basically entertaining, but it's clear they had no plan when they started the new trilogy. Marvel plans decades out, with every detail potentially meaning something. Lucasfilm took one of the largest film series ever and built the last three films from the seat of their pants.

I mean they could be worse but I don’t think they add much to the canon. That said I did actually really enjoy The Last Jedi, I appreciated the attempt to do something a bit new but I can understand why many hated it.