arrow_upward
Nintendo
Recently I had a conversation with my favorites over  Nintendo after the direct a couple days ago about Nintendo's greedy behavior with the switch. Obviously they've been extra disgusting with the way they have services on the switch, with no more virtual console except the ones and snes emulator, having to pay for online services, and the quality drop for recent games like Pokémon. It leaves me disappointed of course, but then it hit me.

What if Nintendo is trying to make up for all the money it lost with the WiiU. My other friend brought up an interesting point how almost all of the games for the switch seem to be ports for WiiU games that were really popular. Of course my response was "yeah they're popular but who owns a WiiU?" jokingly but also kinda serious. Perhaps they're just that desperate to make their money back on a console that just flopped so hard for Nintendo. Or maybe that's just me trying to decieve myself and not be as sad over Nintendo's new attitude towards us. What do you think?

[+] 1 user Likes hnrblack's post
I personally haven't been theorizing much about Nintendo's business practices, but it is a possibility. With the flop of the Wii U, there's some good Wii U games that would be lost and gamers would have to turn to second hand sellers for the console and games. While I am for making older games more accessible through its original company, sometimes it can get a bit ridiculous. I know the Super Mario collection with 64/Galaxy/Sunshine seemed to be okay, but I think people weren't too satisfied with it for being not as a good of a port.

The Nintendo Direct was alright imo. I'm honestly unsure of who they'll put in Smash after those Sephiroth so two Xenoblade characters weren't much of a spark for me. I feel that people can complain a bit too much if their pick wasn't chosen imo, but that's how it rolls sometimes. The Pokemon games I have dropped around the time of the original Sun and Moon. Haven't played since and it bothers me to see how bland Sword and Shield is with it's content. Still waiting on that official Pokemon MMO with all regions tho LMAO

[+] 1 user Likes Tensei's post
I feel like nothing excuses the odd choices Nintendo have been making recently. It should always be about the games and their quality first. If they're just focusing on making back the money from the lackluster sales of the Wii U, then that's scummy on a whole different level.

Sadly I'd still gladly buy a Switch from them, but I'll definitely stay away from specific games that they seem to be just throwing out. Like Pokemon SwSh.

[+] 1 user Likes LewdingGold's post
I somewhat agree, tho I have not been keeping up with Nintendo much since a decade ago. Don't play Smash, have not touched a pokemon game in ages, and last device from nintendo that I got is a DS. However, hearing from friends about pokemon having DLC really made me question what the heck is going on over there at Nintendo (besides the obvious greed). Like man, I remember when pokemon games were complete on release, now I find out they are releasing DLC for this? Not cool, on top of their well known atrocious copyright striking.

Crossed my mind as soon as they announced Skyward Sword. They know it'll maximize their profits for SS due to the Zelda fans hunger for both Twilight Princess HD and Wind Waker HD let alone BotW2.

It's a debatable topic. I wish Wii U was more successful, the original Wii even outclasses it by popularity.

Nintendo Switch went beyond my expectations. It's also unbelievable how many years since it's been released. Feels like yesterday.