arrow_upward
No Man's Sky's Redemption Arc
My friend had been getting into No Man's Sky recently. Now I was following that game ever since it was first announced. I mean, who wouldn't be interested in a game where you can explore billions of literal planets? It seemed too good to be true. Which, of course, come launch day it turned out to be the case. The fact that they used fake footage in trailers, and lied about the multiplayer aspects of the game, just really put a bad taste in my mouth. Seeing how barren the worlds were in Markiplier's videos on it was the last straw.

Now, a few years later, I had been hearing that the game was still being worked on and they've been trying to fix the original problems. I was still skeptical of course, and never even thought about trying it. Until my friend recommended I did. I've known this guy for over 10 years, I'd trust him with my life. So to hear him say it's redeemed itself...I had to see for myself.

Got it on sale and low and behold...he was right. It's obviously nowhere near what we thought the game would be, but a lot of the original promises have been added and worked on. Even new features like pets and frigates and the like were added. I'm pleasantly surprised, and have been having a blast.

Does anyone else here play it? If so, when did you start? Do you think it redeemed itself? And for those who haven't played it, would you give it a shot or are the lies and fabrications too much for you to forget at this point?

I haven't played it yet, but it certainly is interesting how they've been able to turn around the very tragic launch

[+] 1 user Likes Wrangler's post
Ive played NMS for a long time now, and I can say its insane the comeback story that they had. Going from one of the most disappointing launches in gaming history, to having a loyal fanbase who've seen the game grow and are excited to see where it will go. It shows that devs have the potential to turn a game around. And shows you should give some games a second chance.

[+] 1 user Likes spedboi's post
I fell into the hype and had the game preordered for months leading up to release. The game was a blowout for sure but I still played it for awhile. But that experience left a bad taste in my mouth and I haven't been able to get back into it since. I'm glad Hello Games has been able to redeem themselves but I cant seem to enjoy the game anymore.

It didnt hook me the way I was hoping but i think it was just because I was playing other stuff at the time.

Personally ive been getting sick of the whole "release a game before its finished, and just fix it after" norm thats been established in the game industry these days. There is no way that the devs of no mans sky could think that people would legitimately be satisfied with the product they intially released. But have to give them props for actually sticking around to deliver a lot of what they promised instead of just throwing in the towel. Rather than argue or seek pity on social media for why it wasnt what people expected, they shut up and got to work fixing it. More than you can say for a lot of other devs

Really might pick this up looks fun but still not sure