arrow_upward
No more masks
Many businesses are now making "masks optional". For example Disney World in Florida now will be masks optional. This is a giant theme park. No more social distancing either. Disneyworld has done away with the 6 feet thing. Many places are also slowly removing mask requirements. Honestly Im surprised this is happening so early. I understand that alot of people have been vaccinated but many have also not been. Do you guys think this is a smart move? Are you guys pro or against masks in this current covid climate? I just got vaccinated and am still paranoid lol. Will probably continue wearing masks until well into next year.

FL never actually cared, or had a mandate.

i want everyone in a public space wearing a mask for the rest of my life lol. people are straight up disgusting in public. coughing without covering their mouths, unintentionally spitting when they talk, picking their booger filled noses... ewww no thanks. some people just have no self awareness about how gross they are.

>wearing a mask
>that protects you from nothing
>can't protect you from disease
>still costs money

Yeah no. It was just a symbolic way of muzzling us plebians.

[+] 1 user Likes olichan12's post
Masks are stupid and do nothing to protect you lol. Example: you go to a restaurant to eat dinner. you have to wear a mask to enter the building, and again when leaving or walking around. Then when you sit down some black fucking magic happens and you suddenly don't need a mask cuz covid only spreads when your standing right? Masks are for sheeple, you got the vaccine so don't worry about it now

^^ you need to listen to the wise words of Kirk Lazuras lol

it should be common sense knowledge that wearing a mask helps.  unfortunately, there's just too many people that are paranoid of being "controlled" by the government and spend too much time reading conspiracy theories/watching youtube videos made by other paranoid people that they fall into the trap of being manipulated by their own ego. if society wasn't full of dumb, selfish people, the government wouldn't need to force people to wear masks or have a lockdown.

[+] 1 user Likes hgh662's post
BDSM disagrees with all of you

All I know is I haven't gotten a cold since December 2019 and I really enjoyed it. I'm assuming it has something to do with everybody being more conscious, or wearing masks, but I don't know enough to comment on that. I'm using to catching a cold 2-4 times a year, living in a metropolitan area it's hard to avoid crowds on public transit and whatnot.

I don't get how people don't understand by now that you don't wear it to protect yourself, you do it to protect others in the case that you're infected but asymptomatic. That's their only purpose. People who still stupidly tout "they do nothing to protect you" are technically correct... but then go on to call other people sheep for wearing them, not realizing that they are guilty of the same stupidity that they're accusing others of.

If you don't understand by now that they're not meant to protect you, they're meant to protect others... Then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not a doctor or scientist that can explain to you how effective they are, but chances are, neither are you lol.

[+] 1 user Likes ingeniosi's post
^^ because the people that think this way are selfish and inconsiderate assholes. once they realize it doesn't stop them from getting sick, they quickly become anti-mask not realizing its meant to prevent the wearer from getting other people sick.

Well, it is related to the reason why 'private' is associated with richness and 'public' with poverty. When you're in your private space, you are isolated and there's no one playing with their nose, coughing out on the open. On the opposite side, if you're in public, you'll be with poor and uneducated bunch who are striving to survive. In that case, coughing, diseases, cleanliness and protection won't be their priorities.

I kinda like masks. Got bad allergy, so it's a blessing to go outside and not breathe in pollen and just die despite eating allergy meds like candy. People don't see my runny nose either. Also gives me a feeling of anonymity, especially with sunglasses. Idk it's just not that much of a bother as other people think it is, so I think that I'll continue wearing them during allergy season every year from now on. Couldn't really care less about the whole "anti-mask" thing, usually there are enough people around to have some social pressure to wear them, even the conspiracy nuts.

If a big % of the population is vaccinated already (in your city/state/country), its just time to get into normal life

look up delta variant. 4x as transmissible as the original and overcoming the US. unvaccinated people are fucked, it’s 2.6x higher likelihood of hospitalization. only 2x dose of mRNA vaccine proven to be effective at ~88% efficacy, 1 dose only 36% effective. we’re going to get fucked with lockdowns again this summer because assholes don’t want to wear masks or get the vaccine

As someone previously said, masks are meant to protect others. Also, its worth noting that the Japanese often wore masks when sick to do this even before covid

I'd be fine if everyone wore a mask outside of their homes from here on out. Not getting sick (anything, not just covid) for an entire year really highlighted how gross people in general sre