arrow_upward
Nvidia 3080 GTX or AMD 6800xt. Which will be the better card?
Reviews will be out soon, but which card do you think will be the better buy. I'm leaning towards the 6800xt due to the lower power requirements and the 16gb of ram will be useful for future games.

the 3080 GTX, its futureproof.

that 10gb worries me though, games are going to use a lot more memory going forward and the PS5 and xbox are both 16gb as well. Lots of games will be built aground that.

[+] 1 user Likes heyimsquanchinghere's post
Given how incredible the Ryzen 5000 series chips are... probably a safe bet to go for the AMD GPU as well. We'll see what happens when benchmarks come out though. All I worry about is AMD graphics drivers don't have a great history.

depends on your build really.

NVIDIA more best

Nvidia is more supported by games imo
AMD is amazing value but i from experience ive seen 4 AMD GPUs fail in me in 12 years. I still trust both but yeah. 1 Nvidia 660 failed me after 5 years

I prefer Nvidia for dlss and better ray tracing performance, but tbh I'd settle for whatever actually has stock available.

probably AMD but Nvidia will do shady things to make sure games are more compatible with their hardware like always

It's really hard to say right now, probably best to wait for multiple benchmarks to come out. Also AMD may actually have cards in stock which would make it an easy choice.

I've had NVIDIA cards all my life and they've never failed on me before, not sure if that makes me lucky or if their build quality is very high and lasts a long time. AMDs target audience at the moment is gamers who want to get into high end stuff without spending Intel and NVIDIA prices

The 3080 was crazy expensive but worth it. It’ll be in my setup for years to come.

I will preffer always the powerful rtx 3080

Whichever is actually in stock

anyone hear if they are increasing stock for the holidays?

nVidia has been having supply issues recently, so I'd go with the 6800xt.

3080 GTX is a powerhouse and worth the value.  By the time something better comes, it will still have value compared to others with helpful but niche specs that are covered by other upgrades.

I'd always go NVIDIA because of machine learning personally. NVIDIA has CUDA and a lot of software out there is built on it. It's not technically AMD's fault or anything, they were just late to the game and their ML support apparently isn't as developer friendly as NVIDIA's.

Also DLSS is something that can improve performance a lot, however AMD did say they have a super resolution planned themselves. Not sure if there has been much info on that or how it compares to DLSS.

It depends on the resolution you are playing on.
At 1440p I would take the RTX 3080 because 10 GB will be enough and it has DLSS an better raytracing support.
At 4k I would go with the RX 6800 xt because of the 16 GB memory.

I would say it depends on your budget.