arrow_upward
Passing the time at home
If there's someone out there like me recently who's kinda just stuck doing nothing, hopefully this catches your attention! It sucks not many people are hiring so I guess a lot of people are just feeling like they're in a lull for a majority of the day. I put this together to share what I get up to/did so far to make the days go by faster, whether it's doing something productive or just having fun.

• Go for a walk early in the morning (if you're awake), it's simple but really makes you feel better for the rest of the day - least it does for me.
  • Cook something unusual up for yourself, getting delivery a lot isn't too healthy.
  • Play some games or read a book, or anything else you feel like you can get invested in.
  • Learn a skill that might be useful down the road - I've taken up coding and done some pretty silly stuff with it so far. Maybe learn a spoken language too?
  • Keep in touch with your friends! Tech is in a good place right now to where you don't really have to go out to be in reach of your pals.
  • Home improvement if you've got the resources to do so, or maybe just redecorate an area of your house, or even just your room.
  • Keep things clean - also simple but apparently your mood improves in a better environment. 
What do you guys do to make time go by (preferably in a healthy manner) if you're in a similar situation?

[+] 2 users Like shalalalalala's post
I've taken up regular walking and cycling to combat the extra calories I've been putting on by sitting at home. I going to try and pick up outdoor running as well.

I'm trying to learn new skills with my free time. edX has plenty of free courses run by universities worldwide, including Harvard and MIT. I'm currently doing a programming course which will hopefully benefit my job prospects

[+] 1 user Likes mango2020's post
I was on the website of edX recently and the headline reads Free Online Courses but all the relevant courses cost like 140$+ per program. What programming language are you lerneing btw?

DIY has been great for me to pass my time Smile So many things have been fixed around the house

I’ve been learning so much guitar! I’ve always wanted to and this is the perfect time Smile

i've been learning how to make animation

[+] 1 user Likes kcy69's post
What kind of animation?

Has learning guitar been hard for you?/ I've always wanted to learn a new instrument with all this time I have on my hands now.

Definitely exercising, trying to stay active as much as I can outside.

I started to draw again. And also did some puzzles. After the lock down is gone, I go out for a small walk, trying to avoid people as much as I can.

Games and more Games and lots of game and study.

I have been passing the time by re-watching a lot of my favorite shows, playing video games, and working on cars. I recently restored a old Plymouth Barracuda and it was one of the most rewarding things I’ve done.

Go for a walk early in the morning (if you're awake), it's simple but really makes you feel better for the rest of the day - least it does for me.
Cook something unusual up for yourself, getting delivery a lot isn't too healthy.
Play some games or read a book, or anything else you feel like you can get invested in.
Learn a skill that might be useful down the road - I've taken up coding and done some pretty silly stuff with it so far. Maybe learn a spoken language too?
Keep in touch with your friends! Tech is in a good place right now to where you don't really have to go out to be in reach of your pals.
Home improvement if you've got the resources to do so, or maybe just redecorate an area of your house, or even just your room.
Keep things clean - also simple but apparently your mood improves in a better enviGo for a walk early in the morning (if you're awake), it's simple but really makes you feel better for the rest of the day - least it does for me.
Cook something unusual up for yourself, getting delivery a lot isn't too healthy.
Play some games or read a book, or anything else you feel like you can get invested in.
Learn a skill that might be useful down the road - I've taken up coding and done some pretty silly stuff with it so far. Maybe learn a spoken language too?
Keep in touch with your friends! Tech is in a good place right now to where you don't really have to go out to be in reach of your pals.
Home improvement if you've got the resources to do so, or maybe just redecorate an area of your house, or even just your room.
Keep things clean - also simple but apparently your mood improves in a better envi

I've been delving more into history, going through books and the internet so I can set up a few impresions