arrow_upward
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond Radiant Pearl or Legends Arceus
Are you guys gonna go with the remakes or the new open world attempt? Or both?

To me, the delay on an open world pokemon game was just a massive missed opportunity. Could have spent a year importing pokemon models into the BOTW engine and I'd buy 2 copies of it a year for life. What are your thoughts about the new directions in pokemon?

[+] 1 user Likes superweenyhut2's post
I think pokemon sword and sheild were released as a test, to see if people really wanted an open world type game (wild area, and dlc) or if they wanted old style pokemon gameplay (routes, towns) when the community said they loved the wild area and wanted the whole game like that they went into full development on arceus. Thats why diamond and pearl remakes are being outsourced.

[+] 1 user Likes FinalFantasyRulez's post
I’ve been playing Pokémon since red and blue and have played everyone of the main line games. I’m excited that they are remaking diamond and pearl like every other remake, but I’m excited about the direction the Pokémon games are going with legend of arceus

going to get both. pearl was my first pokemon game and ive always wanted a remake of it, so looking forward to it. played some of the rom mods for diamond/pearl but they weren't really remakes.

also a big fan of pokemon in general so going to pick up the latest one too.

I've played the original DPPt and enjoyed them, and I can just emulate them if I really want to play them again. I probably won't bother with the remakes unless they add a lot to the experience. Super Training and DexNav were enough to make me prefer playing ORAS over the original Hoenn games, but they'd need even more than that to justify an $80 price tag.

Legends looks cool though. Too early to say at this point if it's going to be good, but it's different enough for me to be interested.

I’m getting both 100%. The open world is going to be massive and immersive, the remakes are perfect remasters of my childhood on the big screen, let’s just say I’m pumped

[+] 1 user Likes Bowserjr665's post