arrow_upward
Procrastinating...
Hello, i just wanted to start a new thread and talk about a subject that has been fucking me up which is the start of my life. As of last month i am officially 18 and college is just around the corner, I've been struggling with all the tests and looking for a good college, also lmao my parents have been telling me that this will be the biggest decision you'll make because the decisions you are making right now are the building blocks of your life. With all the stress that i am getting i started to procrastinate, i pushed my tests and exams, i haven't looked for suitable colleges, I don't even know what i want to do in life! Honestly i am just lost and confused lmao. So if anyone out there is facing the same problem let me know so i don't think that i'm the only one.

Btw English is my second language, if what i said is punctually or grammatically incorrect i apologize.

[+] 3 users Like shadyseal's post
college isnt for everyone. your boomer parents probably think that college is the only path to a "good" (high paying) job. you may be better off going to a trade school. you might be perfectly content working at a grocery store your whole life. maybe your calling is driving around the world in a van. figure out what you're good at, and what you enjoy, and find a way to make money doing those things.

Yeah just like the other guy said College isn't for everyone, you just need to explore your options a little more

take a gap, work a while, and then reconsider whether college is for you. the work stuff convinced a friend of mine and he went back to college way more focused than before the gap
Please like, reply, and give credits! Smile

i actually disagree.. if you're feeling really distressed then yes take care of your mental health, but it's not really unusual to feel confused and overwhelmed by college, it's a pretty big change, and you'll kind of figure it out as you go. don't just take a year off for no reason, do it with a specific plan of how it's going to be a better situation in a year, and if it's not, then don't take a year off

Your English is fine, mate, no need to apologize for it.

If I were you, I'd wait on college. If you don't know what you want to do in life yet, then college will be a waste of time and money. Find a job, stay at home, take some time off from being in any kind of school, and get your mind clear. Your parents' desire for you to go to college isn't worth considering if you don't feel mentally ready for it. You need to make you happy, not your parents.

Community college, finish your general education, then proceed from there.

Choosing your college career shouldn't be rushed. It can change the course of your entire life, take your time to think about it well first.