arrow_upward
Python Bootcamp
Would completing a python bootcamp lead to a solid job? How doesnit compare to something like a comscience degree?

Overall everything comes down to how good you are either after bootcamp or any other form of learning. The times when you got job as programmer because you finished IT college are gone.
Good way to land a job is to contribute to the popular github projects as a start into the field. Because this is something that you can brag about.

any recommendations on a good bootcamp?

Not I bootcamp, but I learned to program python on datacamp

Completing a bootcamp won't guarantee you a job. You're going to get out of it what you put in. Bootcamps have been trendy the last few years and companies are either shying away from them or having a steady hiring pipeline form them. Basically on your own you need to show technical skill otherwise having certificate you get from completing the bootcamp i just a piece of paper and reminder of wasted money.

I thinck ic can't be compared but for HR recuitant the most value is the Know How, not the piece of paper.

It depends, some companies don't care what certification you have as long as you can show what you have done, for example side projects, etc.. others are more strict on the certification