arrow_upward
Python Multithreading books
Recommend good books about multithreading in python

Sorry, but there aren't many books about multithreading in Python. And there is a reason for it:
Python, just as Ruby, can't REALLY handle multithreading.

Yes, you have a Thread interface, and you can use it. And it will, create a thread parallel to the main thread... BUT in Python and Ruby, there is a GIL (Global Interpreter Lock). Which means that every thread running will block the interpreter, so never two threads access to the same object at the same time. It means that while one thread is executed, the other one will be waiting for the lock to be released. So if you do some tests with multithreading in python, you could get surprised about how the performance keeps being the same, or even goes down a little bit because of the overheat of handling multiple threads.

A good book about parallel programming with python:

RE: Python Multithreading books.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Python Multithreading books.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

But (and I am sorry for this), sadly, I am going to end this post with the question that people usually makes in this case:
— If you want to use parallelism, are you sure that Python is the right tool for that job?

If there are no other options than using python, then the book that I shared is a good alternative.

Oh, I forgot to mention this blog post, and looks like there is no option to edit my previous answer:

RE: Python Multithreading books.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Python Multithreading books.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

(Sorry for the double post)